- tin: a metal “Tin is a chemical element with the symbol Sn (Latin: Stannum) and atomic number 50. It is a main group metal in group 14 of the periodic table.”
- tin toys: classic toys made of tin
- Tin Toy(1988): an early Pixar short film featuring animate toys and a drooly baby
- tintype: a early type of photograph printed on metal (typically iron) plates
- Tintin: a character from a series of comic books
- Rin Tin Tin: a German Shepard (or several) of fiction and TV
- Pushing Tin (1999) A movie about air traffic controllers starring John Cusack
- tin: another name for a can used to hold food, e.g. a tin of beans
- tin foil: what aluminum foil is commonly called
- tin: a traditional material for gifts in honor of a 10th wedding anniversary
Had I been more organized, many of those items might have made good gifts to get John for our 10th anniversary. Which is today. Instead, I may have to give him a wad of aluminum foil and a tin of green beans.
Happy anniversary, John!