You are probably familiar with the age-old question, usually intended to determine whether you are the type to see things in a positive or negative light. The traditional answers are “half empty” (you are are a pessimist) or “half full” (you are an optimist). However, I find these traditional interpretations a bit too simplistic for the complexity of personality types and moods that individuals exhibit. Or that I exhibit on a given day. So I offer to you…
Alternative Answers to the Question
“Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full?”
- Who drank half my drink?
- The glass is half full. But what is all that crud floating around in there?
- The glass is half full of ice so they can rip you off when you buy a soda.
- I think it was half full, but I spilled it. On your couch.
- I’ll take mine straight from the bottle.
- That’s no glass, that’s a sippy cup.
- Are you trying to poison me?
- The glass is cracked.
- There is no glass.