I went to collect my first CSA vegetables this evening: an impressive selection of greens, greens, greens and more greens. Fresh, fresh off the farm.
To celebrate, I thought I’d put together a musical tribute. We all know that green-friendly classic “give peas a chance,” but do you know some of these other vegetable hits?
A Medley of Vegetable Songs
- we got the beets
- it ain’t easy being greens
- smells like teen spinach
- rutabagas keep falling on my head
- give my regards to broccoli
- are you lonesome tomato
- can’t take my eyes off arugula
- I never loved a man the way that I love yams
- saving all my leeks for you
- when a man loves a radish
- first time ever I saw your kale
- the dawning of the age of aspargus