My pants are alive
with the sound of music…¹
The ensuing weeks of painstaking research (thankfully not pantstaining research), and the reunion of my iPod and my pants, have resulted in the following playlist of pants:
- Photographic in my pants–(Depeche Mode. Seriously old school Depeche Mode.)
- Shiawase (Happiness) in my pants– Puffy AmiYumi
- Anchor in my pants–Trespassers William
- Under the Milky Way in my pants–The Church
- Crash in my pants–The Primitives
- Chains of Love in my pants–Erasure
- Trampoline in my pants–Calamine
- Pilgrimage in my pants–Nine Inch Nails
- Nutshell in my pants–Alice in Chains
- Bizare Love Triangle in my pants–New Order
- Pianos and Clocks in my pants–Aztec Camera
- Protection in my pants–Massive Attack
- The Ramblings of a Mad Man in my Pants–FSOL
- Welcome to the Fold in my pants–Filter
- Overflow in my pants–O Positive
- Radio Silence in my pants–Thomas Dolby
- The Postcard in my pants–Boris Grebenshikov
- Island in the Sun in my pants–Weezer
- Bamboleo in my pants–Gipsy Kings
- Psychobabble in my pants–Frou Frou
- Rockville in my pants–R.E.M.
And now I’m going to go all crazy with the tagging. I tag the pants of the last 10 blog-bearing people who left comments on my blog. (For those of you who left comments and don’t have blogs, why don’t you have blogs??) I’m also going to tag my friend jenny, just because I like to see what’s on her iPod.²
If you want to join in, the game is played thusly: set your iPod to shuffle, and make a note of the songs that come up. Append the phrase “in my pants.” As many songs as you choose. If you have no iPod, come up with a list of songs of your choosing. If you have no pants, you may want to append instead the phrase “without pants.” Or you can write a 500-word essay discussing your current state of pantslessness.
¹ Note that the post title song is not on my iPod. But the song, along with “Do a Deer in my pants,” has been stuck in my head. Perhaps I’ll leave it to your imagination what has been stuck in my pants.
² And because I wanted to go all the way up to 11.³
³ Because otherwise I wouldn’t have a good segue to mention going through airport security with a cucumber in my pants.⁴
⁴ Well, not my pants.