Yes, it’s true. I’ve been thinking about socks all the time. I even have friends feeding my socks addiction.
I’m turning into a real socks fiend.
Even more shockingly, I left a number of important sock-related things of last week’s sock-themed ThThTh list:
- Let’s Talk About Socks: a George Michael song
- I Want Your Socks: another George Michael song. That dude was seriously into socks.
- Socks and Candy: A Marcy Playground song. Oh, man…what’s that smell?
- The Socks Pistols: an early British punk band known for such hits as “Knitting in the U.K.”
- Socks in the City: a TV show about some single socks looking for their mates. (Note: contains explicit laundry scenes.)
- Socks, Lies and Videotape: security tapes reviewed after a series of thefts at the laundromat
- The Opposite of Socks: A movie in which Christina Ricci comes of age and explores footwear alternatives
- Socks on the Beach: an unpleasant footwear decision leading to much sand being collected between the toes. Also a fairly obscure and unpopular cocktail.
- A Midsummer Night’s Socks Comedy: a movie about people who wear socks with their sandals
- socks education: high school classes in which kids learn about foot anatomy and the consequences of socks. (Don’t forget the importance of safe socks!)
- socks maniac: one who just can’t get enough socks
- the fairer socks: should be washed separately from the darker socks
- casual socks: shouldn’t be worn to a formal occasion
- socks scandal: what may happen if you choose the wrong socks for the occasion
- The Second Socks: Simone de Beauvoir’s less famous oeuvre on her collection of mismatched footwear
- The Joy of Socks: the definitive volume on the pleasures of socks